Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Spit On Your Grave 2 (2013) - MicroReview

I spit on your grave 2 review
I Spit On Your Grave 2 (2013) - MicroReview
by Insomniac's Cinema

Director: Steve R. Monroe
Writers: Neil Elman, Thomas Fenton
Stars: Jemma Dallender, Yavor,Baharov, Joe Absolom


So if you guys don't know, I Spit On Your Grave was a 2010 remake of a 1978 rape and revenge film of the same name. Number two follows the same basic structure with different characters and settings. Both the original and remake weren't extremely popular so I have no idea why this was even made but lets jump into it!


The film follows Katie, a young model who runs in to some shady photographers, the creepiest of the brother trio becomes infatuated with her and decides to break into her house, BRUTALLY rape her and kill her neighbor. He and his brothers then take her to their home-country and keep her as a sex slave. After the family tries to kill her she escapes and then exacts revenge on each of them in very disgusting and graphic ways...




Now, I have to say that some scenes in this movie are actually quite hard to watch. There are numerous rape, torture and just plain disgusting scenes. Sadly, this is all the film has to offer, character development is almost non-existent (unless you count Katie screaming and crying as development) and you can predict the entire plot within the first 10 minutes of the film. The only twist (that I did not completely expect) was the fact the they took Katie out of New York, which made absolutely no sense at all.


The acting was fine but the characters were also very predictable You hated the bad guys and felt bad for Katie... (Something which isn't extremely hard to do, unless your just as sick as these characters.)



Something that I did find somewhat interesting was that it seemed as the film progressed the gore became more and more gore-y and horrific. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not but it did work well to show how violent Katie became thanks to the horrible things she had to go through.


Other than that I don't have much to say. If you've seen the first one, I don't think you need to watch this and if you haven't seen any one, watch the first.


All in all, I Spit On Your Grave 2 was a big and hard-to-watch let-down which will leave a bad taste in your mouth... 










Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment