Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Future of The Scream Franchise!

Ohh, scre-four-um, you big disappointment....
In 2012 it was announced that MTV (that makes me nervous already) is planning on making a Scream TV show! And recently news concerning the TV show and a new sequel was announced (yes, there's gonna be a Scream 5...)


Before you get mad over this hear me out, at the recent Zurich Film festival, Harvey Weinstein was quoted as saying this about the Scream 5, "Everyone lived in Scream 4." He also said that he is begging his brother, Bob Weinstein (head of Dimension Films) to make a final sequel to end the series because they have "milked that cow."


I don't know about you guys, but I really hope this happens. The original Scream trilogy is one of my all-time-favorites and to see how the character's story will really end is going to be awesome, hopefully they don't screw it up!


Weintein also said that there will be no connection between the film series and the upcoming TV show. Adding that the show might even contain some "supernatural" aspects, which does not necessarily excite me but it could still be good, right?


A few months ago it was also announced that Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin will be writers on the show. Both have previously written for Revenge and Criminal minds, again I'm not sure if this eases my concerns.



So, how are you guys feeling about all of this? I think it's great if they would just end Sid's story. Concerning the TV show, I'm very conflicted... 


You can read the full story here! and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment